Timecrest: The Door major update with VoiceOver

We've developed an iOS game called Timecrest. It's a work of interactive fiction with over 200,000 words, and we've recently worked to make the whole game accessible to blind and low-vision users using VoiceOver.

We received some very positive feedback from the people posting at the AppleVis.com forums, and talking to some people at reddit.com/r/blind. We were advised us to post here as well to get your feedback,  so here we are!

You can get the game on the iOS App Store at this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-stor … s&mt=8

Please try it out and tell us what you think. We're passionate about making a great, accessible game. Below are the update notes for when we introduced many new features.

Timecrest 2.3 Patch Notes

VOICEOVER SUPPORT
We have turned on the screen curtain and played through our whole game with VoiceOver on, redoing and reworking most of the features in our game to better work with VoiceOver. THANKS TO APPLEVIS.COM USERS FOR ALL OF THE FEEDBACK!

- Better accessibility labels across all UI. We've added and rewritten many labels, and even reworked UI to make it more accessible.
- Message sound effects. Indicates when a new message is delivered, when all messages have been delivered, when your VoiceOver cursor is over the last received message but more are incoming, and so on.
- Pronunciation mode. When pronunciation mode is enabled, the spellings of text will be changed to improve VoiceOver's pronunciation. Disable it if you prefer to learn the correct spellings of words or if you are using a Braille display.
- Text indicators. For UI that previously relied on visual indicators, such as the red handwritten text at the beginning of Chapter 6, and specially indicating which messages are System Messages, or even the green "Turn back time" button, descriptive text was added.
- Descriptive help. For each of the main tabs, there is a button in the top left corner of the screen that can provide help text describing how each feature works from the perspective of a VoiceOver user.
- Improved pouch and merchant. You can now tap to get the description of an item, and magic tap to use it.
- VoiceOver specific settings menu. Where you can adjust the music volume, enable or disable Pronunciation Mode, and turn on or off the VoiceOver messaging sounds.
- Descriptive map & characters. We have made all of the maps accessible, adding detailed descriptions of what Ash has drawn for you as you run your finger across the map. In the Relationship tab, we've written out accessible descriptions of the images of the characters, so you can know what is in the pictures of them.

"An interesting story... Simple fun." - The New York Times

There exists another world, and that world desperately needs your help.

Alyncia is about to be destroyed by meteors. When it seems all hope is lost for this magical world, a young mage named Ash establishes a connection with you and discovers that you have the power to alter time in Alyncia.

In this time of darkness, Ash needs a friend. Ash needs you.

- EXPERIENCE AN EPIC STORY with over 200,000 words and multiple endings.
- DECIDE who lives and who dies. Your decisions change the story, so choose wisely.
- EXPLORE ALYNCIA at your own pace with our new non-linear maps.
- IMMERSE YOURSELF in a world of fantasy and magic, with 14 musical tracks to set the scene.
- BUILD A TEAM and make friends. Unlock secret storylines by building your relationship with other characters.

Timecrest is a nonlinear story based game with multiple endings where every choice you make matters. The story progresses in realtime. Ash will be notifying you on what is happening in Alyncia and awaits your guidance throughout the day.

And if you have an Apple Watch, you won't even need to pull your iPhone out of your pocket to respond. Apple Watch integration lets you store the entire world of Alyncia on your favorite digital timepiece.

Delve into Timecrest, where fate is in your hands, every end leads to a new beginning, and a single moment can change everything exclusively for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch!