Coding A Life Sim In Inform 7

So I got the admin rights issue fixed, and now I'd like to wet my feet in programming. It seems ambitious, but I'd like to make a life sim, similar to the mainstream game virtual families, but with some unique features of my own. I've chosen inform 7, because of the natural language feature, but I don't know how to get started. I don't see anything in the manuals about creating a game of this design. Are there any inform 7 users out there that can help? Particularly in the choosing your character part of the game, as well as stats to keep up with whether you're married or single, how many children you have and what their ages are, and things like that. Thanks.