Re: Audiobook player for Windows?

@Dark,
unfortunately, as far as I can tell, on its own Foobar cannot play these files.  I imagine there is a plugin that can be installed that might make them playable, however and will keep hunting around.
@animal metal,
As the autoresume feature requires that the player be closed for it at all to be of any use, I doubt the answer is yes.  What you can do, however, is create various playlists within foobar itself to someone deal with this task.  if you're in the foobar window and you have never done this before, you might find that tabbing around will present you with "default tab."  By default, this playlist is always there and is called the default playlist.  With your cursor on default tab, however, you can press the applications key and down arrow to add new playlist.  Hitting enter will create a new tab and present you with a new playlist window that is completely and entirely blank, into which you can paste folders containing audio files.  whatever is in default will be left alone and you can return to it later by using control tab or simply left and right arrowing Once you select the tabs again.
Note: none of these playlists are saved to your machine as .fpl, .m3u, .wpl or any other filetype which you can carry around to another drive.  they will only be saved and work from within foobar and will remain through multiple restarts until deleted.  If you have created a playlist you like, you can bring up the file option from within the menubar by pressing alt f and down arroing to save playlist.  Hitting enter will save the playlist that currently has your focus.
At everyone else messing around with mobile versions of foobar, I honestly don't know, as I haven't messed with them myself.  I look forward to seeing what kind of interest if any they bring to blind and vision impaired individuals overall in future, since I don't generally play anythin g on my iOS device at present, though if I did, the matter of simply copying and pasting into the automatic add media folder in itunes is rather simple and does not require that I go install another piece of software.  Still, if it works for anyone else, Foobar FTW!