steam version of mortal kombat X, what do I need to look out for?

Hi.
Now, with my new laptop almost set up completely, I wanted to start out putting games on the machine via steam.
Just one question. When I download steam and install the game and launch it for the first time, what do I need to look out for.
Am I in the main menu imediately or is there something before that.
I heard also that if you want to play every mode available in the game, you must complete the tutorial, is that right?
Thanks in advance
Greetings Moritz