Re: I need your help, windows 10 pro not opening exe files

Hi mario.
Hmmm what you probably got is this advise.
If you did have a virus, it will get into your restore points, so you should disable system restore after you clear the virus to clear the infected points.
Then turn it back on again.
By default though win10 does not use system restore which is stupid.
Have you used a recovery cd or just reformatted?
That will fix things.
I have just used the ms av but I have heard from a lot of people though not tried just yet that the sophos home 10 pc cloud licence is supposed to be really good.