Re: problems with sound drivers, dell latitude 6540

If I understand him correctly, he doesn't have the drivers from the hardware manufacturer, he has said a couple of times that he currently has the drivers that come with Windows, which are usually stripped down versions of the manufacturer's drivers, and probably don't offer the option to disable audio enhancements.

I don't know what Dell did with the Latitude he has, but with my Latitude, if I want to use headphones, all I have to do is unplug my speakers, then plug in my headphones, no special drivers needed.