Re: Doctor Who: Big finish productions

Look for more of being tortured all the time? Your a strange fellow :d.

Seriously I do think bf needs to alter their political stuff at least a little, since they've all seemed to have pretty much the same slant and similar endings, heck, it's possible Jago and Lightfoot will go the same way in their next series. That's also why I enjoyed the end of Gallifrey since even if the political shenanigans did get a bit draggy hear and there, (though Leela was always around to shake things up), at least they were alien timelord politics with an actually real point to them, I loved the idea of a free time movement against the time lord monopoly since yes, they do sort of have a point albeit they're methods and allies were pretty dodgy.

Then, after! the politics we get trans teporal reality hopping craziness and a bit of Time war to wrap things up. It was also nice that they actually had Romana remeber that supposed 20 years she had under Dalek captivity sin ce really that sort of got forgotten about, but even for a Time Lord I'd imagine it's not that easy to shrug off.

In terms of torture though, I have noticed bf standing back a little from that sort of thing, even when you sort of expect it. In their first few stories they sort of went a bit Torchwood in their "oooh look, lets go adult! and dark, look at necromantea.

Then they seemed to shy away for a while, the wishing beast etc, then go back again for things like Brotherhood of the Daleks. They really only seem to have got it right now, heck, I even liked the conclusion to Graceless even though I can't say I was a fan of the series at the start.