Re: could dmnb be resurrected?

Greetings all. You asked me to keep you up to date, so here it is. A few weaks ago I released an online engine for people to code their own online games off of, and I myself have been using that engine to produce something loads better than ff and dmnb combined. First and formost, as i've mentioned in my previous posts, full rotational/360 degree movement is now a proper thing. Dmnb used a primitive, clunky 2d interface that made it difficult to get around starships and space stations never mined planets, while ff in its last days utalized a very primitive rotation system that only allowed for snap turning. This rotation system is much like the one in mainstreem games, making navigation much more quick and enjoyable. However, that's not all. Lets go back to the cheaf complaint about both dmnb and ff. Both were far too set in space. To explain better, in dmnb you ordered a spaceship and your sol objective was to complete objectives in space. Objectives like asteroid minin g, etc. Little thought was given to planet exploration or ground combat, but not anymore. In fact, ground activities and space have both received a major boost, starting with my most favorite change, ground vehicles. This isn't the cheap gimic you had in dmnb where you'd bord basicly a minny starship pretending to be a ground vehicle. This time, I made sure to give you that mainstreem feel. A ground vehicle if you find one you will enter using the E key and drive it around in full 360 degrees, utalizing S and W to adjust speed. But that's not all. Thought the manual piloting system for starships in the original ff was cool or not? Well that don't matter now. The ground vehicle system can not only work on the ground, but it works in space. Yes, pause for a split second... this means, full, at last starship piloting. And to add to all of that, the vehicle system can be tied into any craft. So yes. This means, you want aircrafts? I can do em. You want see going ship s, I can do em. And in fact? Lets get another thing. Don't have a ground vehicle? Its no problem with inventory because if you have one, you can utalize a skateboard to get around the area your on. Speaking of inventory, it works like stw's, however with 1 or 2 changes. When you equip an item in any hand, you can't switch that item to a new hand, and the game will tell you this if you don't have another item of that type in your inventory. To put stuff away you simply go to the hand its in and press backspace. With that, a new weapons system got implemented. These weapons require ammo clips, and here's the most impressive part of the system. When you reload, reloading is like in stw, accept, that unless you empty the hole clip into your gun the clip will stay in your hand, perfect for that quick reload. And the gun only emptys how much ammo it needs from said clip instead of emptying the hole thing. As for areas, they are now all server side, which means the only thing you need to worry about is sounds. Areas are also no longer tied to specific ships, which means proper buildings on planets just like you all wanted can now be done. And with a minamum amount of effert too, since you no longer need to go through the process of downloading a map file. But wait, one last thing. Anyone remember those ol crashes on dmnb? You know, the ones that would cause 30 minute downtimes and such? No longer a problem. I'm very happy to say that if a crash happens to a player, the player will be notified, and they can continue playing as normal as if nothing had happened. Everyone else will notice nothing unless the player mentions the crash to them. Oh, one last thing I almost forgot. Items can now be properly picked up on planets surfaces. They will play a sound, and all one needs do is approach and press e to pick it up. However be aware that others can steal your loot as well. Anyways, that's all for now. Development on the project is still going extremely slow, however I intend to keep working on it as time permits, I won't make any prommiss's however until i'm sure i've gotten my offline life's problems out of the way. With that in mined I hope that was enough to give you something to look forward too.