Re: Nearby explorer or Seeing eye GPS?

Trust me it is. The only reason I have it on at this time is due to the visual voicemail thing. I am planning on upgrading the plan when I know I can afford to, but all I can afford is three gigs and I am, so far, able to keep it under one. Plus I cannot see paying for something that will most likely get used on Wi-Fi when I am not around Wi-Fi all the time. I also found that announcements of intersections to be quite handy. I also have been in areas where cell reception was not there or questionable, but most of the time, this really is not the case. I do not mind having the maps stored on the phone either and I really only need the US maps. Nearby explorer does give me access to google places and foursquare, so I should be able to try them out at some point to see how close they are when it comes to POI. Anyway, those will have to wait for now. As for data use it self, one or two megs an hour should be ok depending on how often I use the app, but I made the choice based on aroun d the clock use just in case I want to use it that much. I should know in a year or so how often I use the app.