Re: A few bt sync secrets folks might be interested in

Brad
I'm going to address each question below.
1. Does anyone know why with the older versions it would make my computer and screen-reader lag? It was quite annoying.
Since the new bt sync is all web browser based, you're not actually using the program to control it. When you were in the old bt sync moving around, it tended to try and update the window too fast for a screen reader to read - or in a lot of cases make the bt sync window stop responding when it had a lot to index. This fixes that with the latest version.
2. I have clicked on try Sync Pro and am wondering, what's the difference between pauseing a folder, and using selective sync on it? For example, let's say I just want to download text because text is smallest, I believe it might download the fastest, (I could be wrong and if I am please correct me.) Wouldn't pausing the rest of the folders do the same thing?
Yes, you'd be 100 percent right there. Do keep in mind , though, that because the text files are smaller files you might not actually get full speed while downloading. Some of those files, for instance, are only a few hundred kb - actually a lot of them are like that. Selective sync would basically allow you to have placeholder files and you can download them at any time, but they would still be there ready to download at a moments notice, and you get full control of what files are downloaded.

3. What program can I use to open dot mobi and other book files?
I'm honestly not sure on the .mobi files, but in most cases there is always a duplicate format that can be opened by almost anything.
4. Would anyone like me to either convert or copy and paste these books into dot txt format? My reasoning behind doing this is as follows: 1. The books may be smaller.

2. Everyone would be able to read them. Every laptop/PC be it Windows or mac, comes with a basic text editor.

if people want this, I would then pos t the books, (In a zipped folder,) on this thread using dropbox
You can if you want, but that's a lot of books to first extract, go through and make sure there's not already txt files of said books, and convert, for very little gain (if any). You'd also have to somehow keep the directory structure, too.

Re: Using google drive. Well if google drive offers tb's of space for free, feel free to give that to me haha. Bt sync is person to person, too.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daniel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daniel via Audiogames-reflector