Re: Most Disappointing Audiogame Boss Fights

The single most disappointing boss fight ever I got to was the mothership in Alien outback.
I'd read about it's rowling robot things in the manual, I'd worked to get there (and really alien outback has some pretty nasty ships at higher levels, especially those that laser you), then I found the one spot, fired away and poof! down it went barely enough time to even attack me.

In general even those bosses I've not particularly found difficult like x1 I enjoyed for audio atmosphere if nothing else, though if they go down too quickly that's a problem.

Vector seems a cheap boss to me, with his instant kill nukes and the fact you can't actually hear the nukes fall, just when they hit. Admitedly, it's a matter of getting the pattern, but still a one hit kill boss in a game with so few lives isn't exactly on, Ather was at least doable.

One thing I'd love to see in the next action game, is a boss with different sounds fo r it's bits. One of the problems with boss fights in audio is generally audio action games tend to just represent the boss with one movement or taunting sound, and with different attack sounds.
It'd be really fun say if you were fighting a huge godzilla sized monster and had to use different attacks on different bits, eg, tramping feet, swooping claws that occasionally attacked you, the head tha spewed fire etc. Actually this was one aspect where I thought X1 felt a little off since while his taunts are great, him just sitting there while you walk up to him and blast him seemed not exactly a great tactic.