Re: a question about the demon wars saga

Dark, if you didn't like Shannara, I don't think Salvatore would be much your cup of tea either. His books focus extremely heavily on, well, D&D archetypes, though he does introduce some uniqueness like a drow who ends up turning out good, and in the case of demon wars, rangers that ... um, have very little to do with woodcraft and are more like warriors, lol. His books have an extremely heavy focus on combat and the character development is very light to nonexistant, much worse than in the shannara books.

Having said that, I did enjoy the Icewind Dale series and all the other books related to Drizzt Du'Urden, and I did like the Demon Wars Saga produced by Graphic Audio, though they could have done a little better casting the actors, I think. I'd recommend starting with the Dark Elf Trilogy if you're going to try anything though. It's kind of cool to see how a person from a supposedly all evil race has to deal with a lot of stereotyping and how he gets by. BTW this isn't really spoiling anything, since it's not like anything happens to make him turn good, he just, is good, and I"m pretty sure it mensions that in the books cinopsis.