Re: Samsung Phone Backup

Hi,
Personally, I have my data in a couple different formats. The first is .ab files, which you can create with add. That will copy *all* your data (files in internal storage, calls/sms/mms, contacts, apps and all their data) to the pc. The downsides of this are that you need the Android platform tools (though there are many places you can get just the core programs you need), the backup isn't super-easy to transfer to another phone, and your phone needs to be in USB debugging mode. I can write something more detailed on this whole process, if wanted.
The other way, for just copying files, contacts, SMS and call logs, is to get/use a free app like Superbackup that exports your contacts and sms/call logs to standard, importable formats, then just copy the entire internal storage folder using regular Windows Explorer, Android file transfer on the Mac, or your preferred file manager on Linux. You can get your apps via this method as well, but if you're not rooted, you cannot get their data since a non-system app can only access its own space.

HTH smile