Re: Eamon Revolutions

Hi StepLogik,

At a basic level browser games can be made more accessible just by using headings in appropriate places and by adding alt tags to images.
At a more advanced level, which is I expect what Eamon Revolutions will need, you get into using aria tags in such a way that they control what is spoken through a screen reader.

Definitely check out the aria-live HTML attribute here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc … ve_Regions

Reading up on Aria in general is a good idea.

For a good example of a working advanced accessible web based game check out Quentin C.'s Playroom here:
http://www.qcsalon.net/

If you are bold enough to test the game with a screen reader you can download the Windows NVDA screen reader for free here:
http://www.nvaccess.org/

Or use the "Voice Over" screen reader built into Mac OS.

Quentin C would be a great person for you to ask questions of since he is the blind developer who created Quentin C.'s Playroom.

I'm happy to help where I can with any further questions.  I am blind and a developer, but have not made any web based games myself.  Consider getting someone familiar with whatever screen reader you try to walk you through it over skype as using a screen reader has a steep learning curve.

You can reach me directly at supp...@blindaudiogames.com.

Very glad to see your interest in making the game more accessible.

Ian Reed