Re: Windows 10, hopefully a decision I won't regret

well dark I don't see people bashing on supernova but from what I've seen so far it looks like a very old screenreader that's not getting any more updates due to how unpopular it is --- and for that reason we are of course going to recommend NVDA or Jaws because they have actually been working to update each respective screen reader to work as smoothly as possible with Windows 10.
In computer related things, conservativity (or whatever the heck you'd call that) is ... not a good thing! Nothing stays the same, well other than the next 20 iPhone "generations" but that's Another topic to make fun of entirely.
You could of course say meh let me be conservative for all I'm Worth and stick with XP ... but as you can tell that's not going to hold out in the long run, even if you didn't play games (which so now happens to be the case), but at some Point your computer will crash and there'll be no Windows XP left to install . ..
That's why I did what I did, I Went from XP to Windows 7 (let's all try to forget that thing called Windows Vista in the middle *vomits*)
And now when I got a new machine it came with Windows 10 preinstalled, which ... is a huge step to take since I never used anything later than 7 up til now. Honestly though, if I had kept using Windows XP I would most likely have your complaints too Dark, so that's why I  strongly recommend that  you keep somewhat up to date with new technology ... at least to a reasonable extent. That doesn't mean you have to jump like a Tech freak on the latest service pack (are there even such things anymore?) ... but if I am to be frank and honest, I hope you don't take offense to this but you probably will but this needs to be said --- your wining about being convenient with sticking with old and familiar things is definitely understandable (heck I was the same way when I switched to Vista (which is pretty much like 7)) ... but I'd Think that an inteligent person such as yourself would realize that the line of reasoning about this matter is just ... bluntly put, plane stupid. --- to finish this rather nasty, but truthful rant, let me Point out something obvious ... but it's so obvious in fact that it might be overlooked.
Next sunday, the first day of 2017 starts, and you, Dark, you are still using Windows XP in a computerised World that's rappidly growing and being a bigger and bigger part  of our society. Not only this, but you also are very apprehensive to leave supernova behind. In 2013, I got my bootcamped Windows on my iMac, and I had no Jaws which is what I had been using all my Life. I sucked it up, learned it and still argued that Jaws was the supperior screen reader for a whie (I'm still annoyed at NVDA on websights but ... that's not for this discussion). Eventually, it grew integrated with my every day Life. I listened to Music, wrote essays, s ent emails, used a callender and Everything else a 16 year old student would do on any computer. It wasn't a horrible transician. It was just a transician.
Rant over --- sorry if I  came across as harsch but I 'd asay that is needed in this case, haha.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector