Re: A new sound art project I've created

Hello again!
So I had my first MRI scan early this morning!
The MRI area is comprised of three rooms. Magnet room, quipment room, and control room. In the background, you might hear a hump, wump, hump, wump, hump, wump, etc. If you were closer, you might even hear a wuncha huncha wuncha huncha wuncha huncha wuncha huncha. That is the helium pump, which keeps the coils inside the giant tube superconductive. This is because a massive current is needed to create a strong magnetic field. Unfortunately, such currents would be resisted by regular wires, causing them to heat up, but an interesting and rather ingenius solution was found. Liquid helium, which is known for not being flammable, was chosen for this. Once the current is flowing, it will continue flowing forever or until the magnet is quenched.
Anyway, the idea is that you put your stuff in a locker, which is about fifteen to thirty feet away from the magnet room. You open one door, then walk through another hall way before walking into the magnet room. It's door felt like one you'd find in a soundproof booth. It was the size of a small examining room. the table was about a foot above the ground. It sort of feels like one of those changing tables for infants, except that the arch wasn't as deep. I put my head on the headrest, and then I was elevated to around five feet above the ground. I couldn't feel the tube until he slid me in almost all of the way in. It felt like the bell of a French horn, only bigger.
I've been asking around to see what cameras and other recording equipment are safe to use in an MRI. I was sort of shocked when my technologist brought my cane into the magnet room. I asked how he could bring it in if it was metal. He said that it was simply aluminium, which meant that it was not ferrous.
Also, I told my tech that I was severely hard of hearing, so once I took out my hearing aids, I would not be able to hear him at all, even with the sp eakers turned up. So I wondered why they couldn't utilise the headset the way they do in a plane or helicopter.
Since I brought all of my belongings and put them in a locker, I took that opportunity to record with my iPhone. After I came back, I amplified the volume, and if you listen carefully, you can barely make heard the sounds it makes.