Re: Was I really THAT guy?

Thumbs up from me as well there, though honestly having been around this forum for a long time and having had to deal with msot most of the drama I can't actually recall you being involved in anything serious that you'd need to regret, then again I don't really take much note of who was responsable for what once things are over anyway.

I don't think any potential employer would be interested in checking anyone's online activity for years and years back, since most have a fairly narrow focus of interest where applications are concerned even now. Indeed ironically with the information age it often seems the focus of people, especially professional people is getting narrower rather than wider. Likely the only people who would check up on a backlog are either friends who know about things anyway, or some sort of security service involved with a criminal investigation.

I actually find it somewhat encouraging myself that there is a backlog of my thou ghts and interactions, a footprint kicking around, especially because in the eleven years I've been on this forum, a lot has changed in my life, both bad and good and it's sometimes nice to reflect on that.
I got a nice feeling of the very opposite sort when I went back and looked at some of my posts from 2006, and realized that I've not actually changed all that much big_smile.

In terms of growing up though, I think most people have stuff they regret or times they think they've made a real fool of themselves, and the internet won't change that.
The people with the really major problem though, and most of the people who remain total arseholes are the people who don't regret anything and are always convinced of their own rightness down to the hilt, indeed this seems to be the key characteristic of most really nasty bullies I've met in m y life, that they have no capacity to understand they might have been in the wrong or harmed or just annoyed someone else.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : big d via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thakur ishan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mata via Audiogames-reflector