Re: Monthly chat January 2017

Hi.
Well it's been a good month so far. Although my dad just had open heart surgery and he's in a lot of pain so if you could keep him in your prayers. I visited him yesterday I've never seen him so sick. I knew this was coming but still it's awful. My grandfather went through the same thing but I was so little I barely remember.
Anyway, on a happier note I got a mandolin for christmas. I'm learning how to play it, it's coming to me very easily. I seem to have a nack for stringed instruments. I can play guitar, traditional dulcimer, mandolin now, ukulele, and if I tuned one of my guitars way down probably bass. I've been wanting to start or get into a band. I'm a little shy around people at first so I don't know how that will work yet. I've been getting lessons for different instruments from bard. This guy bill brown does a lot of guitar stuff which is good it helps me learn new songs and new techniques. I go to lessons a nyway but I use the recorded lessons to learn new things more than once a week.
I've been reading a lot of good books mysteries and other things. Lately the dark tower series has been on my mind. I guess I should probably read it again. As much as I love it the ending still bothers me. You'd think that after all the time I spent reading it King could have brought a better ending than he did. I understand the ending a little better now that I'm older but I still don't like it. I like happily ever after better than doom and gloom at the end of a story.
@Dark, that's cool you read arcanum unbound I'm waiting for bookshare to get it. I like the stormlight archive too. I hate to say this but in many ways stormlight is a better kind of wheel of time story. So far it's been a lot more fun to read. Words of radiance had such an odd ending I'm wondering where the third book is going to go. The assassin Szeth who was one of my least favorite c haracters at first seems like he's not such a bad guy after all. Maybe in the third book he can be turned from the dark side of the force lol! I'm sorry to hear about your wife's guide dog. I've lost two dogs over the years so I can imagine how she feels. Even though my dogs were just regular non-guide dogs I know how that hurts. Anyway I'll have to check out this Connie Willis book sounds interesting.