Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

Hi all,

Thanks for the continued enthusiasm and support. I'm on my lunch break so I'll try to take a minute to reply to a couple of things:

Muhammad: I definitely get where you're coming from, but the truth is that our goal for this game is NOT for it to be an audio game. Our goal for this game is for it to be a fully accessible game. It's easy for us as blind players to complain that sighted debs don't make games that include us - yet we tend not to make games that include them. If possible, we want to chart a third path - one which, to the best of my knowledge, has never been charted before. Specifically, we want to show that it doesn't have to be either/or, but that you can in fact make a game rewarding for both audiences.

So that's the sort of philosophical reason the goals are ordered as they are. The practical reason is that we're already very happy with the product we'll be presenting to blind gamers. Could our sounds benefit from the purchase of some additional sound packs? Sure, that would be great. But will the experience of blind gamers be impacted as seriously without those new sounds as the experience of sighted gamers will be without these graphics? No way. So we intentionally placed that goal next, in order to try and broaden our base of potential players as much as possible before we really focus on the more refining touches.

Blindndangerous: You're correct - unfortunately Kickstarter's main editor for the campaign gives my screen reader all sorts of trouble, and neither of our sighted team members has had the chance to edit the goals into the main page yet. Also what do you mean by a Final Fantasy VI sort of thing?

Hanif: You're right, having DLC would be pretty neat. We've talked about it, mostly in concept. Not sure whether or not that's a real possibility for the future - but I guess we'll see. We definitely don't want to delay pr oduction on our next game by virtue of turning out more content for this one, though, so that would be a delicate balance. Regarding different game modes, we're already planning on that. Not only is there the main graphics mode but there are also different options for low-vision players who may benefit from high-res, simplified graphics, as well as a no-graphics mode. Likewise, sighted gamers will be able to disable all the assistive audio features and play as a conventional, visual game.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector