Re: Was I really THAT guy?

ON the other hand, I think the word troll is used far too lightly nowadays to excuse just about anyone.  I do believe there are people who are just outright abusive bullies who get away with that label because others plant it on them and say things like, "Don't feed the trolls," a kind of softener that in my mind brings forth the idea that we just need to shut up and accept that such behavior is ok.  There are people who simply want to get under your skin to elicit a response, and then there are people who's intent is far more malicious, people who relentlessly harass their targets.  the first group is rather interesting because, given a face to face conversation in a public area those same people would not dare say half the suckage they spew forth on the internet.  The second group will, sometimes trying to hide it from the public eye, but always with an attitude that they and they alone are truly better, as was the case with a couple in th eir 20's who recently visited a diner in Virginia and, instead of tipping their waitress left a note that simply said, "Great service, we don't tip black people."
Who is who?  It's hard to tell, but I find it hard to comprehend how being lazy about said figuring is a good thing, which is why I'm always careful about telling people on the net, particularly as the moderator of a website like this one, to stop feeding the trolls, as sometimes the complaint is valid.  One is simply having a laugh at another's expense, while the other is having a laugh at someone's expense and also getting a kick out of the hurt they cause that person in the process, and when we tell people to stop feeding the trols for the latter, it's like suggesting that they shouldn't stand up for themselves for things they more than likely can't help, such as being blind.