Re: The official "Extended Clok mod"!

So nearly 2 days with no meaningful responses from staff, wonderful! Just what I thought would happen. Also, I am trying to get into the game and ignore everything about the lag and just try to have fun with it, I see a lot of help files with two sentences, how intuitive, especially when the system refuses to help you, by just echoing back do what? all the time. So, if you're foraging for instance, you cannot do put all in backpack, or put berries in backpack... No, that would be too out of the box. You first have to put one thing in then the other, for instance I put in thornberries then emberberries. In Lament and Geas, I can put all in backpack, or in lament I could do put berries in backpack and it would work. My god the system expects you to do something one way and if its not done that way, nothing. There is no extra aliasing to help you, some of the help files are one or two liners when they could be expanded upon. It's so frustrating! I just want to scream at som eone, fix yer shit! They really got some interesting stuff going on here but you can't enjoy that if you're battling with the system just to get around. It's not like I'm new to MUDding either, I've been into it since 2013, and been on probably 50 or more MUDs. Lament has way more expansive crafting, staff that actually want to help, a world that's open for you to explore, that is huge, and you can go anywhere, another words, in any direction. You're more likely to actually meet people, you don't have to fight with the system to do everything you want to do, in fact, I've had to bug report because sometimes there are too many ways to  do something and it interferes, for instance, referring to a wicker backpack as a basket, when you have baskets near you, etc. And they'll be straight with you about it, saying OK, thanks for the post, but we have it this way for a reason, and they'll usually enumerate those reasons, or hey, t hanks for the post and we've fixed it or something in between. Clok is like battling your way through a dense jungle with a dull blade, you hack and hack away at underbrush, tree limbs, vines, you're puffing and sweating and my god you find a clearing that's 5x5 across. So yeah, not that there's no enjoyment to be had, but by god you gotta fight for it. The system is its own worst enemy there. Ugh, man I want to like you, Clok, but please just let me play you and stop fighting me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector