installing game with steam, how to change installation directory on wi

Hello all,
I'm relativly new to steam and am trying to install an application on my external drive.
Only problem is, I can't seem to change the installation directory using nvda.
Anyone mind walking me thorugh how to o this?
Thanks much,

Daniel