Piano Lessons Questions

Hi everyone!
I've been thinking about taking piano lessons. I'm good on stringed instruments so I thought I'd try my hand at piano. I have some questions. First what is a good quality but affordable keyboard? I don't have room for a piano in my house so I thought I'd learn with an electric keyboard. Also to any of you on here who play piano I'm wondering how do you keep track of notes? For me with a guitar it's easy but I have no experience doing this while playing a piano. Also if I learn on an electric keyboard can I transfer those skills to be able to play a regular piano?
Thanks.