Re: 3Kingdoms/3Scapes

I can't remember if I explained how the core guilds are limited in my first post, so I'll do it here.

The core guilds are super fast to level up, even by 3Scapes standards. I'd say with enough effort, any one of them could be maxed out within a week, whereas the regular guilds can be measured in years worth of work. One of the coders on 3Scapes estiamted that it would take 100 days of combat time to max out a guild on 3Scapes, whereas on 3K it's more like 300 combat days. Since it's unrealistic to spend 100% of your time in combat, this translates to at least a couple years worth of work for 3K guilds.

The core guilds are designed for those who are completely new to the mud or those who want to advance a character very quickly. I tend to use the core guilds for hardcore characters since they get a rapid start and generally have more protection early on than the regular guilds do.

However, they cap off at guild level 60. There's no ea sy way to equate this with the regular guilds, since guilds like Sii cap off at guild level 20 and other guilds level well into the 200 to 300 range. However, the cap, while it lets you get powerful quickly, prevents you from getting as powerful as the regular guilds if you put enough work into them.

There's also a hard cap on player levels for the core guilds, level 100.

One final penalty is that while you can leave the core guilds like any other guilds, you lose all experience past level 60 and your stats are all reset to 1. If you leave a regular guild, you simply lose a level and 1 from each stat. Most of your time in the core guilds will be spent advancing player levels, though sorcerer is a little slower to advance than the others because it uses mud experience to advance skills within the guild.

Having said that, the core guilds, while lacking a bit in atmosphere, are very nice for learning the mud and getting some early exploring under your belt. Freme n can be good for this too, they're one of the faster regular guilds to advance. Changelings have some very good tank forms and so can be good for exploring, but have trouble sustaining combat early on.

I know psicorps wasn't one of your choices, but their problem when they first start out is that they have the ability to deal out a ton of damage, but they can't take damage very well until some skills are trained up and they start unlockinghigher tier implants.

This post is mostly negative, but I thought it might be helpful to weigh some of the cons of each guild against each other. For the regular guilds, they all eventually overcome their early problems and become powerful. For the core guilds, the caps can never be overcome or raised.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : MikeFont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mektastic via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raven via Audiogames-reflector