Kiva loans now has an official "Audiogames community" group

I don't know how many people are already aware of Kiva, but it is a website I have been a fan of for years.  Before I forget to mention, I have no idea whether or not the Kiva.org website is accessible.

Kiva allows people in "developing" countries to request small low-interest or no-interest loans, which are then crowd funded by people on the internet.  Think of this a little like kickstarter, but instead of giving people free money, these people are receiving loans that they then repay on a schedule.  The purpose of the loans could be anything from needing money to buy more fertilizer for their crops, to someone looking to expand their family shop with a new type of product.  Due to exchange rates, it is possible to offer a lot of help even with a small budget.

For over 2 years I've been using some of the profits I get from Gamer accounts, toward Kiva loans, focusing primarily on borrowers with agricultural projects.  I bel ieve this to be a great way to help out entire families and communities in different parts of the world, since improving food quality and quantity is rarely a bad thing.

The reason I bring this all up is because of a recent conversation I had with Jennifer (my wife).  I've been using "company" funds on this for years, but I had never set up an official group.  People who donate on Kiva tend to join together into groups just so they can view progress over time, seeing for example that their combined might has contributed X-thousands of dollars and has helped Y number of different people.  It seemed like I should stop dragging my feet and set up something official.

If anyone here already uses Kiva, or if it seems like something you'll eventually want to participate in, there is now a team called "Audiogames community".  I am part of it, and I do welcome anyone else to join in as well.  No pressure is intended of course , and I only set this up for people who may want to participate.  I also like the idea that as years pass, there will be an official record of what the audiogames community has done on Kiva to help other parts of the world.

I am a bit bummed out that when I removed myself from the huge group I was previously in (Nerdfighters) and set up the new group, it cleared out my past progress for the past 2 years.  Oh well, I'll consider those practice years, especially since I hadn't really stopped to consider setting up a group.

So once again, if anyone is interested in Kiva.org I welcome you to take a look.  It is a great website and is something I have been happy to be a part of!  big_smile