Re: BrogueSpeak, an accessible roguelike

Okay I know I'm a trifle late to the party on this one since the game went a bit wonkey on my old machine, but I do like the idea of another rpg, indeed I've been trying to play rogue likes for years and not found a good way.

I've downloaded the windows ful version from the first post but I'm not sure what I'm doing.
I couldn't find a readme in the program folder.
did manage to start the game and get speech, however I can't find any help files to tell me about key config, either for speech or the game.
I know in most roguelikes the slash or question mark is usually the help key, however when I press that I see text on the screen but espeak won't read it.

Some help on getting started would be great since a bit of poking around does suggest this is probably an amazing game and just my cup of tea once I can get into it.