Re: Monthly Chat February 2017

@Dark yes, I know what you meant, of course ... but your sentence left just enough ambiguity for some dark humour, and you know how I'm always a sucker for that sort of thing. big_smile

As for keyboards, well the chief reason is simply that if your system already has a Bluetooth controller, and most do, then using it makes it easier on the keyboard itself, which can be smaller, as well as your computer, which of course doesn't need to accommodate extra ports for dongles. I'm really surprised all these weird cordless keyboards haven't died off yet. Anyway, of course, go with what makes you feel comfortable. I always keep a wired keyboard on hand, no matter what, just in case I get into a situation where my Bluetooth pairing isn't working and I need to intervene o put it right. However that is rare; usually it all just works and the keyboard can just switch between devices.

I agree that way too much is digital nowadays for no reason. Sometimes simple things should stay simple. Oral-B is now selling an Internet-connected toothbrush, so you can measure and track your tooth brushings ... needless to say, I turned it down. Good grief. I love technology and the Internet to bits, but sometimes it's just absurd and unnecessary. Not to speak of a potential security disaster.