Re: Aprone's self driving car (game)

Hektor, my tip would be to write your bot so that it loops and checks to see if scanner.txt exists.  If it does not, just wait a moment and loop through to check again.  This will let you delete the file between attempts, start up your bot, and then start up the car game in that order.  There would be no risk of your bot trying to type, with the car game out of focus.  Just my thoughts based on what seems to work well for me.

When the car crashes, it actually crashes and stops the progress of the car before the scanner file is updated, so there should be no point where the car's coordinates show up as a wall.

If the car reaches position 1000, the program pops up a victory message, stops the car, and takes you to the same submit score point you normally see when crashing.

At turn 0 the scan file should include all information about the field from position 0 through 10, not 9.  Then at turn 10 it contains information from positions 10 to 20.  It is always the current turn, to the current turn plus 10.  It will always be a 7 x 11 grid.

I look forward to seeing you pop up on the high score list!  big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Rocky Waters via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector