a programmers challenge, programmer wanted for dev team project!

greetings fellow developers and programmers, this post is directed to the programmers mostly.

As some of you know, back in the Eurofly topic under the new releases room I said well let's build our own flight sim then. I've got a team together with sound engineers and airplane-knowhows, but we still require a programmer.
It's a very ambitious project and I think there's a huge demand for a good flight simulator. Flying is something I believe a lot of blind people have done, at least I did as a kid to get my operations. Sadly though, it's not  something we can do.
We have every kind of game out there, aside from a good flight simulator.

we need a programmer to help us develop a prototype, and if it reaches our expectations and the programmer is willing to go further we will kickstart the project to get money for sounds, voice actors and licenses. We're hoping to sell the final product and split it up amongst us or use it for f uture projects, this is not clear yet.

We require an experienced programmer, or at least someone who has had a few successful games under his belt and maybe want to step it up a challenge. This is a flight sim, not a game of black jack.

We're not sure about the programming language yet but we need a language that can support a relatively decent MAP API, in my personal view the accuracy of the map isn't super important, it's first and foremost the mecanics and interface.

To anyone who's wondering what we want to accomplish with the flight sim, here are a few things:

1. realistic airplane physics. Not down to the very core of course, mostly because new things about aerodynamics is being discovered constantly, but to the level to which a beginner pilot has knowledge about, winds, throttle, rudders, elevators, hydraulics, etc.
2. real checklists with real procedures, that actually change the behaviour of the airplane an d isn't just button pressing for button pressings sake.
3. realistic sounds. What's an accessible flight sim without the feeling like you're actually in a plane?
4. game continuity. Goals to work towards, improving your piloting skills, building up your career, competing with others, and more.
5. realism. I can't stress this enough. We want you to feel like you're actually flying a Boeing 747 or a Cesna Skyhawk for real (without the airsickness of course)

if you want to be applied for a position as a programmer (sadly without payment for now) write me an email at:
vdrum2012 (at) gmail.com

remove the parenthesis, and put it into one whole chunk to get the email address. This is done as a protection against spambots.

another alternative way of contacting me is through skype, this is actually probably faster, my skype is
andreas.andersson1996

We are all looking forward to receiving applications from possible prog rammers because this is something we want a lot, no I correct myself; this is something we need a lot.

Best regards:
Andreas, airplane freak.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : truecraig via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector