Re: Hello from EA - Madden NFL feedback

Thanks to ea_accessible for asking for feedback and trying to help improve the accessibility of mianstream electronic games. Also thanks to @addolis for sharing your experiences.

I actually work full time on making user interfaces accessible--though my focus is web and native mobile applications for business use. But I might have a couple ideas that might be useful here.

It might be a good idea to try to come up with a list of outputs available to the game that would be accessible to someone who is blind.  For example 3D audio and vibration have been mentioned.  people have also mentioned the use of pitched tones and speech output. It might make it a little easier to solve some of the problems if you feel you have a fair idea of how information might be conveyed accessibly.

If possible, I would suggest recording both the audio and video for gaming sessions. I think it is also great that you are explaining how you do things currently and what problems yo u are having. I think it is definitely a good idea to provide suggestions. With the video and audio, it makes it possible for people without the game to provide feedback. The video might be useful to people with sight--since it may help them spot some aspects of the problems we are having that aren't apparent to those of us who are blind.

As a big NFL fan, I am really excited to hear that there is a chance at a possible accessible football game in the future. I am also interested in fifa--I am not really a soccer fan, but I have a few sighted friends that constantly talk about playing it. It would actually be nice to be able to join them in playing some of those games.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector