Downloading file from remote machine to local machine

Hi all,

For those of you who are into remote Linux servers, can you help me out with this problem?

I'm trying to download a log file from my remote Linode server to my Mac running Sierra.  i'm using the terminal to connect through SSH and using SCP to download the file directly to my Mac.  Here is the syntax:

In my case, this would be:

scp luke@myipaddress:/home/tt/tt5/tt5srv.log localfile

Where exactly is the file being copied to?  I'm not specifying a directory in the syntax, and when I enter this command, it returns a message saying it was downloaded 100%.

Thanks,

Luke