Re: MKSpeech: Open source, Low cost notetaker

so mk speech would be sort of like the old braillePlus that ran Linux? where you had a menu, suite of apps, but then if you are more advanced you could run a console with speakup, right? and if you guys use the mate desktop and strip some unneeded stuff out, you could make it real lightweight. Also will it stay up to date with the latest version of orca? if using debian ubuntu mate, it'll need the accessibility PPA added to keep the screen reader updated and if using an arch-base, you could just let it alone because arch has a nice rolling release. also for those who wish, maybe you could contract with oralux and offer IBM viavoice or eloquence for those who want it. pair it with the orbit20 braille display and brltty and you should have a pretty good notetaker that can do a lot of stuff. But orca will probably need modifying to accept 6-key entry, so will the mate desktop I'm guessing. though if you want it as a notetaker and for durability I'd say maybe give it at least 32gb of ssd solid state storeage. Then it will run nice and fast and will be pretty much immune to drops and such. how much will this cost in the united states? I may want to buy one just to have and play around with it. I like all types of OS they are fun to use and play with. oh and you may want to have espeak set to a good sounding voice and set to talk slow for the most understandability.