Re: Hello from EA - Madden NFL feedback

@ea_accessible, I am trying to keep up with these posts. I want you to know that, from my perspective, I think you are doing the right things. These actually would be the kind of questions I would be asking in my job.

With regards to the arrow, I would ask some more questions--but you might already have the feedback you need from the other great responses to your question. I would ask some details about how the arrow indicating direction works. Are we talking about an arrow that paints a path on the field or one that appears soewhere on the screen? Are the directions it can point in almost infinite or is there a very finite number of directions it can point? Just reiterating some of the other great ideas...  One option is to have a 3D sound come from the direction the arrow is pointing. In this case, the player would want to try to center the sound to tell them they are on the optimal path. Vibrations could also work for this--it sounds like. No vibrations means you are on the correct path. Minimal to maximum vibrations depending on how far you are off the path. If vibrations can be differentiated from sides of the controller, you could use that like souds.  The player starts moving too far right and the right side of the control vibrates more than the left side.

Of course, you may need to consider what other things the runner needs to know at the same time. I am going to guess that you will only be able to use vibrations to indicate one thing at a time?  And you might be able to use audio to indicate multiple pieces of information simultaneously.   With sound you also have the option of changing the position of sounds, changing the volume of sounds, changing the pitch of sounds, and changing the type of sounds.  What aspects of vibration can you control and vary?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector