Re: Question for Gamers Running Windows XP

Hmmm, Chris, odd you mention these adverts.
I've never noticed such things in windows explorer, and all of the crap like mine craft, candy crush and the xbox addons I just removed with C cleaner, hell I could remove tips n tricks too, but didn't bother just in case, I even kept groove music and the netflicks icon though I might remove those later.

Once I removed the associated crap, the start menu didn't have that much on that was irritating, though I did also install classic shell to have a logical start menu layout and actually sensible places for program shortcuts, which also means I don't see links to stuff like the microsoft store unless I specifically go to the aps part of the menu (again C cleaner could get rid of those if I really was that bothered, though i'm keeping the link to the ms store just on the off chance something might come up in the future).

While having to kill these things off is a necessary evil, by the same tocan when I bought my first xp machine it had all sorts of random glubbiage on that I didn't want, eg, microsoft gaming zone, msm, encarter etc etc, so I didn't really see the business in windows 10 as that much different.

I might if it weren't possible to get rid of these things, but  that  wasn't the case.