Re: Psycho Strike sounds

Since ineptitude and a failure to read the site's rules and FAQs (which I believe was compulsory upon membership signup) is ruling the day, given these requests for data mining and resource extraction, allow me to state for easy reference some of the rules from the site. Granted, these rules don't mention reverse engineering or misappropriation of project equity, be they multimedia or otherwise, a certain degree of implied comprehension to a product's totality should nevertheless be understood

From the rules section:

4) Posting warez, cracks, serials or hacking tips is not allowed.

Post 3 of this topic states the following:

Bryan wrote:

Yes, I know that they are encrypted in Hanoi, but not something BGT scri pt could be written out to the sound code to decrypt?

This is a clear confession that the poster is seeking assistance to breach rule 4, whereby he is requesting either assistance or information which would lend said assistance to both circumvent the data protection present in Psycho Strike. I'm hoping the poster will be receiving some form of discipline on this explicit desire to disrespect an Audio Game developer's property.

From the FAQ:

9: Can I get a copy of a commercial audio game without paying for it?
Absolutely nott! Anyone found trying to steal audio games without paying the game's developer, will be in serious trouble.
It doesn't matter if this is with a crack, downloading of a pirated copy from some other site, using cloned hardware or whatever. The Audiogames.net forum exists to promote accessible games, anyone stealing games from developers goes directly against what we're trying to do.

It's true that this statement doesn't address what an individual seeks to do with said title once he or she manages to obtain it, but I would argue that the statement about stealing a game also applies to misappropriation of its media content. I'm sincerely hoping this FAQ can be (1) be made a lot more readily visible and (2) that it can be reworded to more strictly protect a developer's property, both their resources and released titles.

10: But why is pirating or cracking games bad? ---- after all I don't have the money to afford those expensive games.
Whereas mainstream graphical games on consoles like the Xbox or Wii are produced by companies who can put millions into development, audio games are produced only by small independent companies, often just one person working on his/her own. Apart from all the time and trouble spent writing the game itself, (ti me which the developer would much rather likely be spending doing other work or leisure type things), producing accessible games costs! people money. Buying sounds, hiring voice actors, buying development libraries, none of these are free.
Though some devs do! produce free games, or exist on donation only this is their choice, and they still have the problem of how they finance their development.
indeed, most of the best sounding and landmark accessible games we've seen have been commercial.
Since very few people will be buying accessible games, every dollar/pound/euro counts, so stealing the game rather than paying for it really and seriously! threatens the developers' ability to create more games in the future.
Remember, all our developers work part time, in their spare time on accessible games and usually will not make much of a prophet, indeed it's doubtful whether anyone could! even make enough to support themselves through developing and s elling accessible games.
For all of these reasons, audiogames.net is totally, utterly and absolutely against all theft of accessible games, and anyone found asking for, giving out, or in any way associated with game piracy will very likely be banned from the forum.

Kai

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Bryan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Bryan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector