Re: Positional ambiances with Libaudioverse

I asked camlorn about this very thing 2 days ago. The short answer: You can't, not without a lot of code positioning sources around the player when inside a defined boarder, and even that wouldn't achieve what your going for.
However, a day later he posted a tweet saying he now understands how to do volumetric sources, so here's hoping it's important enough to get included when he gets some free time.

In the mean time, I'm putting this particular thing on hold in my game and moving on without it; I can add it later if / when it gets added, and it was slowing me down trying to think up algorithms to do this realistically in my code.
Just because I set it aside for the moment of course doesn't mean you have to, and if you find a way to do this I'd appreciate the code or a write-up of how you achieved it.