Re: a litle surprise!

There is also this aspect. What do you do if this wonderful offer of a server keeps going down on you, what do you do if its the machine behind it and you can't directly plug it in. You get a lot for $5 a month from digital ocean, yes I use it, no I'm not affiliated with them and don't mean for this to sound like an ad. What you get is this, and note that all these things can scale up if you pick a higher plan: 20GB storage space. It's a VPS, but all their storage is on SSD's. 512 RAM, yes this is not a lot, but enough to get you started. 1TB bandwidth per month. All the packages are mirrored on their network so upgrading and installing is fast. Backups of your server. graphs to analyze data and performance. Root access, the droplet (their term for the VPS) is yours and you have full access. Choose from a bunch of distros, even versions of distros which you will install. Docker support. I'm probably missing out on some of this stuff, but in short, wha t you really get is customer support and liability from a legit business.

No, you can't install windows on there, ut you could try running BGT stuff under wine, I don't know whether or not that would work, but hey, its worth a shot. So, the only down side to hosting windows games is its not a windows platform. But if you want to use it to install wordpress or ghost or B2E, or whatever like that, you could. Also for an FTP server, it works well for that.