Re: To all interested in audio game development - My Proposal, My Question

Haramir makes a very valid point, and it is one I have though about myself.

My name is Aaron Parsons and I am the developer of the Sonus. Karl, a member here told me some questions had popped up.
Yes, the project already exists Nicklas and I'm glad to see people are coming to the same idea themselves, this means a real demand is there. My particular project is a small handeld device with 10 buttons, 4 are direction, 5 action and 1 pause button (the pause button is the only one not programmable). The sonus comes with its game development counterpart called the G.D.E (Game Development Enviroment) that is designed to make games with no porgramming language needed and eventually with plenty of tutorials and help for absolute beginners to bring their ideas to life.

I am currently adding a debug mode to the G.D.E to allow developers to test their games without the need to export it and play it using the physical console.

As for Haramir's very interesting point, ideally we would like players who are blind and visually capable to be able to play together and with games deisgned so one doesn't have any advantage over the other. The Sonus is a first small step. If it is successful it makes room for further development in later versions such as online multiplayer and the inclusion of some visual output to make the games more appealing to visual users. Its a long road but at least we are walking forward.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector