Re: lack of the development in Survive the Wild and other issues

Ok Whoa whoa whoa, whoa, whoa. I think it's high time I step in here. This topic has gotten rediculis. I've been watching it for a while, and finally decided to post here my self. I won't go responding to peoples individual arguments or give names or... nothing like that, I'll just write about a couple random things I remember and put in a word of my own. I did not even come close to reading all of these posts, but just some random things. I remember a mension of unless it's more than a few lines of BGT I can't fix it so I'm not fit for developing games.
And I guess apple is also not fit for developing phones because they have no voice over dictionaries, something many people have wanted for a while. seems so easy to code... Samsung is no longer fit for developing phones either because the note 7 exploded. It clearly proves with out a doubt that unless it's a couple pieces of plastic and a memory chip, Samsung has no idea what there do ing. Etc etc.
Disasters... disasters... It keeps coming up. People are furious for some reason that admins spawn disasters and the game doesn't do it on it's own.
As plenty of people have said, the game does not need to spawn disasters on maps that have no people, there needs to be people to stop random people from going offline... I already hear the screams of code a fix code a fix! Code a safeguard system!
My simple answer is this. My game is only as good as the humans who create it, watch over it, and administrate it. Any amount of code me, or bill gates, or you guys arguing this point could make, can be cracked, and will be cracked. I hope you guys post your annoyance to microsoft's forums for the simple fact that there operating system will always have exploits. I hope you will go tell all of the windows developers that they have no write to be coding operating systems because they can always be hacked. Seriously, that kind of stuff is just... S orry but for me it doesn't make sense. You guys are frustrated that I have not updated the game in a while, and that there are some long standing bugs, like the look bug. Let me show you something. stw.bgt, 5060 lines. server.bgt, 9458 lines. That is exploding all includes, etc. Here, lets prove this even better.
So I coded a simple script that goes threw the entire folder and accumulates the size of all the BGT scripts, and all of the lines. STW returned this.
There are 30199 lines of code, and this project is 797 KB of code.

This is all code managed by only me, and that does not include redspot or any other project that I may be working on.
Hell, for all you know, I have not been working well on stw because I am working on another big game for you guys. Or possibly I am attempting to learn another language, so that I can use 3D audio libraries, proper GUI's... Who knows.
Also, adding animals, doing this, doing that, this that what ever is n ot very hard to code.
OK, please, if you may, I'd like an exact description of how my animal code works, and how a new animal is added. Please include detail.
Having a hard time providing that? That's what I thought. Please, try stating what is fact, and opinion. I'd appreciate that. You have no idea what is hard or what is easy to code, because it's not your game, It's not code you have looked at.
Either way, the plain truth is that I can not please everyone. There are going to always be some people who don't like the way I am doing things. There will always be people with something bad to say about me for a reason that the rest of us are not gonna understand. I urge my supporters who enjoy my games to let these people have there reasons. If someone has a problem, just get my attention directly. I know I suck at responding to messages, but if you try you'll reach me. I don't mind talking about peoples issues, but 20 people s aying there issues with the game at the same time and 20 + other people refuting what the haters are saying, is not the way to say it. The people saying bad things may have some very valid points, however this massive argument on the forum is not the way to properly be understood. Heard yes, but no one can understand you threw the uproar, even if it is only text. If I am unwilling to fix the thing you don't like, just go ahead and find another game. If you hate the iPhone, you switch to android and this is the same thing. I am a completely single person with several things to do. These games I make, there not my overriding passion. I do it as just another thing. Yes, one thing I enjoy doing, but also not something I will allow to take over my life. If I don't feel like coding my game for a week I won't code it. If you guys have a problem with that, I look forward to several new titles from several people with perfect tech support, administration systems, all around pe rfect game play. Because the people who complain about my games, when you make your own game fixing all the issues with mine, you will get the same complaints from other people. Listening to all of these insults and complaints and problems with my game 24-7 is just depressing, so I'm going to ignore this topic soon. I will listen to peoples reply to this post, and possibly reply, but I won't take it very seriously. I know I already take these hate comments and these complaints and these insults way to personally, and I know it will cause some uproar when I say, I don't have time to read all the complaints. I have way better things to do for my morale then sit here listening to people say that I am not a good person for game development because I can't fix more than 2 lines of BGT. For the people who actually feel that they have something constructive to say, as stated previously, I am more than perfectly willing to listen if you contact me privately and get my at tention. Don't skype me saying hi, just skype me right away with the problem. I'm more likely to respond to a direct message then to a message saying hi how are you. I get about 30 of those every day smile so either way. For people with constructive criticism, I recommend you do not post it in a topic of pure complaining, especially a topic containing half insults about my code or similar. Your post is likely to be completely missed. So with that, I leave you. I can not please everyone, and the majority of the stw players are OK with at least enough of the game to enjoy it enough to play. I'm sure all of you know if you think logically for a second, that if the apple support staff listened to every complaint, boy oh boy... The iPhone would probably have wings that could make it fly, serie would be a near perfect AI, there would be several thousand mottles all different shapes and sizes, and a bloodshot eyed engineering staff that works overtime on steroids.
I am much smaller, only one person, but it is exactly the same thing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : powerful via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : marro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : joshknnd1982 via Audiogames-reflector