Help Us Get 3D Audio Back (aka the Libaudioverse thread)

Some of you already know about this, but I've been working on getting us the software needed for 3D audio for a long, long time now.  And I'm trying to fund it.  I need to be able to put a few months of full-time work into it to get a stable release out the door.  People are already using it in various projects.  The most notable was Ctoth's FPS prototype from about a year ago.

The full pitch as well as a place to donate is here.  the goal is $17000, of which I lose about $2000 to GoFundMe fees.  We're already at $1000.  If I can get everyone who sees this thread to give me $5, we can get a whole lot further.  This is doable.  I am promoting Libaudioverse in a whole lot of places beyond this community--it has applications in a whole lot more than games--and some of those people don't flinch at giving projects they like $5000 or more.  W hat I need to do now is get this as far as is possible through smaller donations, because the bigger fish like to see that there's a lot of people interested when considering large contributions.

At the moment and as an example of an alternate application (but one which will be useful to some of you, possibly more so than a game), we have a graphing calculator prototype.  I've got at least one friend for whom this is the only graphing calculator he's had access to.  To any developers who see this, that's around 500 lines of Python only.

I'm also looking into the possibility of producing a tool to visualize the weather around you and upgrading the Libaudioverse inside Ctoth's FPS prototype as additional demos.  The above-linked blog post talks about some improvements that need to happen to the 3D audio.  Since we've reached $1000 and it's probably only a few days of work, I'm going to try to make that happen over the next couple weeks, then repost the calculator.  There are not many demos at the moment. But that is changing, and I will be posting them all here and on my blog, plus a variety of status updates.

To clarify two points worth clarifying, Libaudioverse is a library for programmers.  You can't just pick it up and have a game, you do have to know coding.  And it will be cross platform if I can meet the funding goal.  Software using it will be able to run on Windows, Mac, and Linux, if it chooses to.  I can't force game developers to do that, but I certainly won't be the obstacle.  At the moment it's Windows and (with a very latent audio output system) Linux.

I've been working on this for over 3 years.  At this point I have seen only what the GoFundMe has provided, in terms of monetary return.  I'm really hoping we can do this.  If w e wanted to hire a programmer to do this from scratch, we'd be paying them at least $100000.

And, in closing, this is the official thread.  There are previous threadshere and here.  I'd appreciate it if we can keep questions to this one, so that I can monitor one place and not miss anyone.

And for programmers, the manual is worth a skim, particularly the node reference.  Also, the GitHub repository.

Thanks.