Re: math in university

Your options as I understand them aren't so great.
-First, LaTex.  You can probably learn this, and it will work.  The problem is that you need someone to teach it to you.  I haven't, because no one can teach it to me.  It's a typesetting system used by textbooks.
-Second, make up your own notation.  This is on a professor-by-professor basis, of course.  They'll probably accept it for the lower maths: x+3, (x+3)^2, (x+3)/(x+5), etc.  The symbols needed for algebra all exist on the normal computer keyboard; the only thing you don't get is superscripts and subscripts.  I suggest sqrt for square root, +- for plus or minus.  You kind of end up making it up as you go along.
I personally still use a scribe.  The second solution can be pushed pretty far but becomes cumbersome, and the first has the problems of the second with the added benefit of needing a teacher in the first place (sort of, you mi ght be able to get somewhere on your own, but the only way to tell if it's right is to compile it and look).
Also, where did you get a braille math textbook for college?

  • [Audioga... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Theo
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: camlorn
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: CAE_Jones
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: camlorn
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Theo
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: the_ruler_of_dark_forces
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Aminiel
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Aminiel
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Theo
    • Re:... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: hasajaza