Portable recorder

Is there any guides anywhere on how to create a sound pack.  I looked at the script, but whenever I try to do anything.  Using the script builder.  It does absolutely nothing .  What I am doing is i go to new script and I tell it to play a sound.  I tell it where the sound is and then I hit okay is there anything I'm missing