Discworld MUD: Need some assistence!

Greetings!

I have read, actually listened to a few audio-books of Lovecraft's Discworld lately, which inspired me to start playing the Discworld MUD.
I do find it very interesting, mostly due its realism, (meaning the resemblance to Lovecraft's books), diversity, and huge, active, ever-changing world, plus the over 60 regular players online, who provide lots of opportunities of both IC, and OOC interactions. (inside the game, or in its chatrooms)

However, I need some quite urgent assistence regarding the MUD!

As 1st, in such a vast game-world, orientation is pretty hard for me, especially without maps of towns, actually cities, which could direct me to special places, shops, stores, buildings, etc.
There was such a helpful map in the tutorial area, which served me just fine, and I do hope, that there are such maps for every town/city in the game, which can be bought somewhere inside each of them...but where???
I am hopelessly wandering ar ound in Morpork Ankh Morpork atm, (according the tutorial it's the largest city, and the best place for newbies to start in), searching for the proper shop or store, which actually sells the city-map...and since the city is indeed huge, I do need some clues or directions to finally find it!
Normally I will need to find some job-center type place as next, to start earning some money, since I have (foolishly) died due my own carelessness, and lost all my starting cash after it...but that comes only secondary, and once I have the city-map, it probably won't be a too hard task.
In the game, there is a so called "helpful street urchin" NPC, which is supposed to help players finding directions to certain, more important places, but despite strictly following the help instructions regarding it, I just cannot make it telling me a single direction to any place...at least so far.

Furthermore, a working soundpack for the MUD would also be nice, those are alw ays of great importance to me when playing MUDs, in order to make them feel much more "alive and kicking".
I did find a wiki-result, and even a forum-topic, with a few posts regarding the matter, it's about the newest versions of certain TSS Discworld soundpack for VIP client, which would suit me just fine...it's just that the links mentioned there result in a "404 error", and those were the only ones I could find so far.

So fellow Discworld players, I know some of You are visiting this forum, (thanks to my topic started about our top 5 MUDs), PLEASE provide me some support, or assistence regarding my above mentioned problems!
The name of my character in the MUD is: Ishtarr
(in case You plan to assist me inside the game itself)

My best regards,
Caccio
from Hungary

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector