Re: Monthly chat May 2017

@nocturnus, interesting, you make me want to try the game again, which in fairness I probably should. I've been jgoing around with other muds, but even playing a lot of combat heavy muds I can't deny Alteraeon has something different, especially in how you can manage combats and use different abilities (indeed that is my problem with cyber assault at the moment, combat is just plane boring).

I never found weather control spells that useful accept for bling factor, since the amount of time and mana it takes to get the storm conditions necessary for call lightning usually negate the point of using the dam thing, though putting the spell into a staff is a good idea, as I already use spells as supplements for things like gust of wind, fist of earth, tempest etc.
Btw, interesting since your dead right about staff spells being free area affect spells, I'd actually noticed that with gust of wind and fist of earth  but not really put the facts together. I wonder if area affect poison ivy is possible? big_smile.

Well this week I've been in Nottingham at my parents since it's been my dad's 70th birthday. He had a great time and we had a very awesome Indian meal. actually considering that this time last  year with my dad getting a triple bypass there was a possibility he wouldn't be here at all, I think everyone was extra happy, particularly my mum and we really went to town on stuff for him.

Unfortunately, as I've not yet sorted out my windows 10 laptop, this meant I was off the forum for a few days, which is not good however I'm back at my flat now which also means I'm back on my desktop. Also, my victor stream is also back frmy humanware and in full working order, so methinks I will catch up on some doctor who bf audios next, I just finished dragonflight by anne mccafrey, which w as my first mccaffrey novel for about 17 years.

While I loved the dragons, it was still very much her first novel, and also possibly not the best introduction to the world Pern and it's dragons, but hopefully I'll be getting a review written tomorrow so I can say all the things that need saying.
Gaming wise I don't know what to start on since there seem to be so many things kicking around right now. I have had good fun with crazy party, but I do need to try some things out.

I would like to get my amazon echo dot working if I can, now I havepc with a browser and can use the web ap.
I don't believe music will be workable on it, but there are other things it can do, and I do feel rather guilty that my brother bought the thing for my wife and I and yet I've still not found a use for it, indeed as I  when I tried  a while ago I was not at all impressed with the thing generally, though if people are writing games for it at least there is something! vaguely fun it might be able to do.