Re: Ad Liberum engine

Valid points smile wondering if I can make a config file thats exportable to make it easier for those with NVDA. I'll defo keep exploring more options though.

ironcross32 wrote:

Hi, this is cool indeed, but a slight issue. Replacing some of those words would cause problems in other applications. For instance, now I wouldn't be able to find an OK button in a diolog, or even know I'm in one. I think this is where ARIA steps in gracefully, taking center stage. I am not a developer, especially a web de, but I know many things these days use ARIA to deliver accessible content on the web, my bank's site uses it, my credit agency's site, and amazon to name a few off the top.

But this is cool nonetheless, you're experimenting, and that's gonna lead to cooler stuff in the future, I appreciate your efforts t o break us out of the sapi tyrany, tongue. Screen readers can use sapi voices, its true, but NVDA especially has many voices you can download / buy that interface with it directly with out the speech API. This does two things, makes it interrupt well, and reduces latency to the realm of imperceptibility. Oh, and when i say interruptability, I'm referring to how well the voice stops one bit of text and starts with another, the default microsoft sapi voices in windows, well, everything, but especially in windows 10 are bad at this, they will sometimes do it, and sometimes not.

I am not sure whether dictionary entries in NVDA are able to be set to configuration profiles or not, I could make one for firefox, and use that for liberum engine, mainly because I use chrome as my daily driver, but still, some sites work better in firefox, and if say, perhaps I forgot about those dictionary entries, I'd be fumbling around for 15 minutes trying to figure out why one day this one particular site was working, and now its not, smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liamt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liamt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liamt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liamt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liamt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liamt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liamt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector