Re: how to stop this robot overlord?

Hi,
WHy ould mcaffee install itself with avg! Tha does not make sense because they are effectivel installing a competitor's product!
I do not know how to do this but I think in AVG's settings you ahve to disable something called self protection, which will then let you go to the uninstaller in add or remove programs.
Or, there might be an alternate method but I don't know how accessible this is, but people ahve spoken about erve uninstaller before, and apparently this can remove avg with the force uninstall feature.