Re: Linux assistance center

Hello all,
I am attempting to install Voxin using the given instructions for Voxin 1.10 (I could not find any later versions) and everything I do it fails to create /opt/voxin/tmp (so I have to do it manually) and then, when I do, it fails with several chroot errors telling me things like the command ld-config doesn't exist and things. So then I run ./install.sh from the emacspeak_voxin_install-46.0-1 package, it "detects" voxin and installs emacspeak. Finally, I go into my ~/.emacs file and add:
(setenv "DTK_PROGRAM" "outloud")
I launch Emacs and... nothing. I get no speech output whatsoever. When the Voxin installer finished, it tried to get the supposedly newly-installed Voxin synthesizer to say "Voxin: OK." Of course, this just didn't happen. What did I do wrong? How can I get Voxin to work when even the official scripts completely failed? Since Devinprater didn't provide instructions on installing Voxin, I had to go with what the official README said, which unconditionally and unsatisfactorily failed. So now I'm stuck with ESpeak, which I'd use if it weren't for it's limitations.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hammer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daniel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daniel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hammer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ernileplona via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ernileplona via Audiogames-reflector