Some simple c++ network library?

Hello all,
so, I made a progress with my bgt_kit package for c++, many things needed to develop audiogames are much much easyer than in default state for me, like playing and positioning sounds, grabbing keyboard input, reading and saving files etc. Only feature that missing me at this moment is good network system, like thatone in bgt.

i looked to the native c++ winsocks api, and refuted it after few moments. Nothing in bad, but hundreds of lines to make echo server with ability to connect only one client, well, that is really not for me. big_smile

I saw that there are many libraryes to manage this, but whichone is best? my requirements are that it should be simple, with less of writing and clear code, but still powerfull, like in bgt. I would like to create games like STW, UP, SBYW etc. with it. I have experience with mp systems in bgt, I created few games working as that mentioned above, but I don't know which library can offer to me possibilities like bgt network object. Can you please suggest me some options?

Yeah, and it shoult to be compilable on Windows, I tried to compile Asio network library to see, how it works and have not success, I don't understand why people are using that linux automated makefiles and not simple .bat or .sh scripts, compilation is than really horrible stuff on Windows.

Thanks.

Best regards

Rastislav