Re: Some simple c++ network library?

Hello,
@Visualstudio: Thank you in advance, it looks like Enet is exactly what I am looking for. I have readed tutorial to the point of server and client initialization, after it I found that I am unable to compile it because of unreferenced methods in a static library lol. Hovever there is probably problem on my site, I will search how to fix it, important is that syntax is nice.

sorressean wrote:

It took me about 12 hours to write and it's about 4.5k lines of code or so, but I can literally plug it in to any game I want because it's a library.

Well, 12 hours when you know how to do it. For me, few days would to be only about learning how packets and theyr coding works, next few days of understanding how to write it to winsocks and finally a lot of testing time, after it all I also don't must have the most effective result. Question is why to do it? Why to waste time for writing somet hing, that someone already wrote and released as a free library?
Another reason is that winsocks need for every connection a new thread as I know. I can't make multythread apps in c++, not in Windows, in Linux the situation is easy, you can use fork and related methods, but on Windows there are just few apis and all more complicated, so I using Python for this when needed. smile

Yeah, and winsocks requires lots of writing what I don't like in wrappers too, they are hard to edit in that case.

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector