Re: Recognizing tool for dollar bills

Well I can't speak from experience as such but I have one where you place the note on it and there are various indentations on the right side simular to steps.
These tell you what things are on the size betwene 5 dollars to 100 dollars nz.
I am not sure about price as at the time I got these from my own foundation equipment service they were a free product.
I am not sure, but if there is such a thing as a blind foundation in africa where you are going one of these may have things.
I know we in nz have them but am not sure if these are sold indevidually.
I'd try looking at vision australia and maybe the us or canada for your info there are many places, ofcause you may not get the local currencys and that itself may be an issue.
There are electronic ones ofcause but my guess is that you are probably not going to be in a position where you want to charge it or spend cash on batteries.
I know that they are quite cheap and are little plastic rectangles as big as a checkbook but I have never needed to use it as I only deal in 10, 5 or 20 dollar notes at max 20s being the norm.
Most of the time though I do not use or need standard cash.
All payments are through my eft pos card or via wire transactions.
And even then I hardly do this as I have an arangement with some family that all money is pooled in one central account where every so often cash from other accounts is transfered to it for bills and such.
So most of the time I don't need to directly deal with my account.
When I do I mostly draw out a bulk some for things and mostly I use 20s for general cash usage.
Ofcause I am from the city where I don't need to worry about it so much and where you are and where you are going there may not be that sort of freedom as there is here.
I know africa is not as safe as here and there are a lot of differences with things but its only from books and I have never traveled further than b ali at most and hardly leave my home country for anything really.
Saying that have you tried to  search on the local internet for things.
If its what I think you are talking about, then even the poorest countries should have something, seriously they are nothing more than plastic.
I am not sure how its all done but mine is only 1 piece of thick plastic.
And since they were free where I am at the time I got one I should imagine they are not that expensive to make maybe a 5-10 dollar purchace, maybe less than 5 dollars though I think africa's currency is rand and not sure about the currency things are in so it may cost more.
Ofcause most trading world wide is in euros or us dollars so the equipment can't be that much.